(Click here to download CFP in PDF format)
IFIP WMNC 2021 will provide a discussion forum for researchers, practitioners, and students interested in novel developments in mobile and wireless networks, services, and applications and mobile computing. IFIP WMNC combines PWC (Personal Wireless Communications conference), MWCN (Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks conference), and WSAN (Wireless Sensors and Actor Networks conference) into one event. It is Technically Sponsored by IFIP.
Accepted papers will be published in the IFIP Digital Library. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version for a fast-track review in a Special Issue of Annals of Telecommunications.
Authors are invited to submit full papers (up to 8 pages, double column) according to the guidelines available on the conference website at Authors Guidelines. WMNC 2021 includes three tacks focusing on (but not limited to) the following topics:
Track 1: Wireless and Mobile Communications and Networks, Internet Wireless Access
- Wireless and Mobile Communications and networks
- 5G / 6G Networks
- Wireless technologies design and evaluation
- Handoff management
- Location management
- Resource management
- Network and service management and control
- Energy management and efficiency of protocols and devices
- Cognitive radio networking
- Device-to-device communications
- Routing and scheduling in mobile and wireless networks
- Transport layer issues in mobile and wireless networks
- Network security solutions and protocols
- Subscriber privacy
- Authentication, Authorization, Accounting
- Traffic and network modeling
- Analysis and simulation in wireless/mobile networks
- Virtualized and cloud-based wireless environment
Track 2: Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks, Ad hoc and Opportunistic Networks, Vehicular Networks, Internet of Things
- Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks
- Ad hoc and Opportunistic Networks
- Low-Power Wide Area Networks
- Vehicular Networks Cyber-Physical
- Machine to Machine communications (M2M)
- Communication Technologies for the IoT
- Ad-Hoc networking
- Delay tolerant networking
- Cross layer design and optimization
- In-network processing and aggregation of information
- Energy efficient protocols and power management
- Localization and tracking
- Middleware for WSN and M2M
- Self-organization and reconfiguration
- Security for WSN and M2M
- Multimedia communications in WSN
- Vehicular networks
- Robots as actor networks
- Nano networks
- Fog Networking
Track 3: Applications and Services over Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Applications and Services over Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Wireless multimedia networking
- Mobile cloud computing and applications
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Multimedia session signalling in wireless/mobile environments
- Digital radio and TV broadcasting
- Mobile computing
- Protocols and platforms for convergence
- QoS and QoE in wireless/mobile networks
- Mobile and wireless applications: health, environmental protection, etc.
- Wireless Internet applications
- ITS (Intelligent transportation systems)
- Pervasive systems
- Location based services
- Mobile services
- Content management and distribution
- Context-aware wireless multimedia applications
- Context-aware services
- Information centric networking
- Social networking
WMNC 2021 technical program committee invites authors to submit manuscripts with original research results that have not been previously published or that are not currently under review by another conference or journal.
The following contributions are welcome:
- Research papers reporting on new trends and developments
- Application papers reporting on academia developments of technologies, products, services, systems and solutions
- Performance evaluation and experimentation papers
- Industry practice papers
Submissions will be judged based on originality, significance, clarity, relevance, and correctness. All submitted papers will be subject to peer reviews by Technical Program Committee members and other experts in the field. Papers presented at the symposium will be considered for a Best Paper Award.
The IFIP WMNC 2021 paper submission and review process is being conducted in a manner similar to previous WMNC conferences:
Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently under review in any other conference or journal and has not been previously published.
All submissions should be written in English, technical papers can be of two types, Full papers (up to 8 pages) and short papers (up to 5 pages), in Two-Column IEEE Conference Format, including text, figures and references. Demo papers of length of 3 pages are also solicited. Papers should be submitted through EDAS at: https://wmnc2021.edas.info/
Best papers will be considered for fast-track publication in the Annals of Telecommunications (Springer, ISI-indexed) At least one author is required to register, at the full rate, to present accepted papers at the conference and for the paper to appear in the proceedings.
Authors who wish to participate in the conference will create documents consisting of a complete description of their ideas and applicable research results in maximum 8 pages (two-column format).
Papers should be formatted according to the Author Guidelines described here. All papers must be written in English and submitted in PDF format.
Paper submissions will be reviewed by experts selected by the conference committee for their demonstrated knowledge of particular topics. The progress and results of the review process will be posted on this website, and authors will also be notified of the review results by email.
Papers should be no longer than 8 pages, including all text, figures, and references. The paper MUST be formatted according to the paper templates given in Microsoft Word or LaTeX.
Papers must be submitted by the deadline date. There will be no exceptions.
Accepted papers MUST be presented at the conference by one of the authors, or, if none of the authors are able to attend, by a qualified surrogate. The presenter MUST register for the conference at one of the non-student rates offered, and MUST register before the deadline given for author registration. Failure to register before the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of your paper from the conference proceedings and program.
Preparation of the Paper and Submission
- All submissions must be in letter-sized PDF.
- All fonts and subsets must be embedded. Times New Roman font is strongly encouraged,
- Detailed examples about the paper format using LaTeX and Microsoft Word are available in these Guidelines.
The following style files and templates are available for users of LaTeX and Microsoft Word:
We recommend that you use the Word file or LaTeX files to produce your document, since they have been set up to meet the formatting guidelines listed above. The format/layout for papers should be the same as that for IEEE conference proceedings. Be sure to use the template’s conference mode under Latex. Font size must be no smaller than 10-points.
Electronic Paper Submission
When you have your document file ready, gather the following information before entering the submission system:
- Document file in PDF format,
- Affiliation, email address, and mailing address for each author,
- Paper title,
- Text file containing paper abstract text, in ASCII text format (for copying and pasting into web page form).